Beef, sandwich, coffe, tea, chocolate, potato, pizza, beer, champain, mushrooms... I will not belive that you do not know hot does this things taste. We eat them almost everyday. It is normal food for us. But somethimes we wat to eat something "special" "different" or more "exlusive, so we go to restaurants. But can you imagine, that this everyday food, like beef and potato can be so expensive like new great TV or really professional camera or even more??!!
2) The other thing that you would not expected to be so expencive are potatos.
Can you imagine that those potatos look like normal one, but one kilogram costs 500 euro??!!
3) The most expensive mushroom in the world is the white truffle. These truffles are sold at a amazing price of €2,000 and €4,000 per kilogram. It does not look very tasty, does it?
4) Hamburger can cost you even 175 dollars on Manhattan, so be carefull if you are going to be there. This special hambutger goes with black truffles, Kobe beef and instead of colourfull spices it has got minutes particles of GOLD!
5) The tastiest and most expensive chocolate in the world is Chocopologie by Knipschildt. At $2,600 per pound. It is handmade chocolate truffle and is available only if ordered. (It is almost impossible)
6) The other thing is water. You can buy one Naleczowianka for less than one dolar but you can choose Kona Nigari water, that takes the title for the world’s most expensive water. The desalinated water high in minerals from the deep seas off Hawaii, costs $16.75 per ounce.
I am sure that you have heard before about some expencive restaurants. For example SKETCH in London. You will not find cheapper meal than for almost 250 dolars!!
The other "nice" restaurant is in Tokio - Aragawa. The average meal costs about 400 dolars.
And the most expensive restaurant is probably MASA in New York. There you have to spent at least 650 dolars if you want to be full.
Of course not everyone can eat in such resteurans or try such food. Even very rich people can not afford to go there all the time.
But for me the interesting quesiton is: Is this food really so delicious that we have to pay for this 400 dollars? And how rich you have to be to become a well-known customer??
Would you like to spent so much money for food, that you eat for ten minutes?:)